Dark Sky Watchers
Please sign up and register


Dark Sky Watchers is for all Astronomy, UFO, Alien, NWO Conspiracy Topics Sponsored by www.darkskywatcher.com Live Telescope Area 51 broadcasting
 
HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» March 28 objects
Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:07 pm by bharris291

» @LockheedMartin
Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:22 pm by UFOOWNER

» trouble loading picture
Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:36 pm by Guest

» NASA missed this one
Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:32 pm by Guest

» A UFO and the Sky as a Magical Message Board Indicator!
Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:49 pm by UFOOWNER

» Precognition and the nonordinary Dream: NASA
Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:01 am by UFOOWNER

» Unknow object on SOHO image
Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:39 pm by rigovasgo10012

» Bertrand Russell 1872-1970
Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:19 pm by UFOOWNER

» rover image
Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:18 pm by wayne_


Share | 
 

 Ufo over the Netherlands ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rob-NL-EU
Awake
Awake


Posts : 7
Join date : 2014-06-15
Age : 43
Location : Netherlands, Braaband, S'Herthogenbosch

PostSubject: Ufo over the Netherlands ??   Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:07 am

Back to top Go down
Admin
Awake
Awake


Posts : 17
Join date : 2014-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Ufo over the Netherlands ??   Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:40 am

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://darkskywatchers.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Ufo over the Netherlands ??   Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:53 am

very nice catch  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Montauk
Awake
Awake


Posts : 8
Join date : 2014-06-19
Age : 62
Location : Central Oregon

PostSubject: Re: Ufo over the Netherlands ??   Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:50 am

It's a start.
Back to top Go down
randyfreeland@gmail.com



Posts : 3
Join date : 2014-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Ufo over the Netherlands ??   Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:08 am

Good job.
Back to top Go down
RedZone
Awake
Awake
avatar

Posts : 12
Join date : 2014-06-15
Location : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Ufo over the Netherlands ??   Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:19 am

My friend.... You sir have filmed the INTERNATIONAL SPACE STATION...

How do I know?  

Well... I have seen the ISS before many times.  And, the fact that it is the ONLY known repeatable object in the sky that looks just like what you filmed AND also the fact that during your Narration of the filmed event you did NOT say "guys this can NOT be the ISS" led me to the conclusion that you either do NOT know it exists, OR, you do not know where it is at any time...

Either way.... do this...

1) You have also been nice enough to provide me the exact date AND approximate location (netherlands) of your location filmed event.

2) I simply loaded up the FREE SOFTWARE "Stellarium" to set the location, date.  

3) Using the moon in your video I can guess with fair enough accuracy the the time of the filmed event... so I set stellariums view to match yer video... I guess approx 18:30 24hr time...

4) Now... i simply went to this website = http://www.isstracker.com/historical

5) I input the date AND time and click "LOOKUP" to calculate where the ISS was... and...

VOILA... ISS was passing RIGHT over you at that day and time.  FAR FAR FAR FAR to much of a coincidence to be able to suggest what you have filmed is ANYTHING other the ISS...

(I'm not a genius I just play one on the internet....)

BTW for anyone who wants to check out the ISS its a lot of fun to do!  Surprise your mundane thinking friends at a party by taking bets that you can make UFO's fly over etc etc etc...

If you know where and when ISS is going to be then you are magic!!!

Goto this website...

http://iss.astroviewer.net/

use the site... click on everything, read everything... become informed!
Back to top Go down
Parashade



Posts : 4
Join date : 2014-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Ufo over the Netherlands ??   Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:18 am

Greetings.


RedZone wrote:
My friend.... You sir have filmed the INTERNATIONAL SPACE STATION...

Well... I have seen the ISS before many times.  And, the fact that it is the ONLY known repeatable object in the sky that looks just like what you filmed AND also the fact that during your Narration of the filmed event you did NOT say "guys this can NOT be the ISS" led me to the conclusion that you either do NOT know it exists, OR, you do not know where it is at any time...

The person that recorded this footage, and me plus all our "UFO Spotters" have seen the ISS many times aswell since we stand outside almost daily with our equipment.

I have analized the footage and heared the witness report, which he and i both verified with the ISS tracker and other satellites such as Iridiums.

The reason he recorded it was because of the spike in events at the same time plus the one he kept following. I've also noticed from your reply that you did not watch the entirety of the video since there are several objects intotal, which 3 of are recorded on said video, and that your so called "ISS" was bright orange at the start, which gives me the impression you are a half arsed watcher that seeks to debunk without conclusive evidence besides your imaginary 18:30 GMT+2 timestamp which is in clear daylight when the Moon is not even on that location according to Stellarium and my own eyes. Not to mention that the ISS did not even travel over the Netherlands that day, what doesn't mean it couldn't be visible though. However it orbits on an approximate height of 370KM wich would possibly make it visible in the country next to what it orbits over, depending on country size.

Good day Smile

Edited.
Back to top Go down
RedZone
Awake
Awake
avatar

Posts : 12
Join date : 2014-06-15
Location : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Ufo over the Netherlands ??   Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:18 am




I dunno Dude...

I'm just saying that based on the evidence provided(date ad location) and the "estimated" time based on an educated guess using the height of the moon in the video(next time if someone posts a video why not mention also the time the footage was taken like a pro should... if we are all going to be sooo accurate and up everyone elses butt about their methods etc)... I typed everything in and what I typed in I saw the ISS was making passes over his area... Usually around sunset you get two passes so.... there are the pictures to prove I'm not crazy for suggesting he filmed the ISS.  If he was from the USA on that day and time or japan or something I dunno but look man... coincidence?  I think not!

I think instead that it is YOU that are crazy... for suggesting that on June 13,2014 at 18:30 in the Netherlands that it was day time and there was no moon but hey...I don't know you or your methods of reasoning.  You clearly see mine and anyone just needs to ask and I'll show and tell with pics, videos, references etc why I say the things I say.

By the way, you claiming my behaviour/comments on other topics and posts on this forum are "out of line" or whatever is complete BS.  That comment you made is a low blow based on thin air buddy.

Ive posted three times not including this one now and my original Netherlands UFO post.

One post was a topic I myself posted and I took really good shots of chemtrails.  in fact My post STILL stands as the very best post in the chemtrail section showing great high res spots of chemtrails... period... so you couldn't have meant that one.

ANother post was in response to a guy who posted a question about the beginning of the universe.  I simply pointed out to him that that subject does not belong in the chemtrail section.  I didn't berate him in fact I then chimed in on the discussion in spite of his error.  WHo cares man is that what you are worried about?

Or was it my other post where the guy took a real bad grainy video of a flashing light that I claimed to be a man made aircraft?  Is it THAT post that has got your feathers ruffled?  If so too bad man.  You are free to go post your thoughts about my comment there your comments about me being a troll or debunker based on what I said THERE do not belong HERE... Especially since I just posted real evidence to support why I claimed he filmed the ISS.

You think I didn't watch the whole video?  It's 5 minutes.  You know that many of us sit up half the night staring at DSW's moon broadcast just waiting for something extraordinary to happen... why the hell can't I sit through a 5 minute video?  LOL

His three objects ...

1) The main one in the video I think is the ISS... end of discussion you have my evidence
2) The second object... the one he himself called "A STAR" he didn't even care about he mentioned it one time then decided to film the ISS
3) THe BLINK at the end... oh the BLINK... I find it ironic to myself because hi capturing THAT blink in my mind is very very important.... At least to me anyways.

I have been noticing something similar here in Ontario Canada and have seen that blink before.  In my logical mind it is the most full blown "alien" UFO thing I have ever seen in my life that I can not explain!  It never makes a sound and it remains stationary... It blinks... then 5-10 seconds go by.... blink... no more than 2-3 times and then its gone.  THe first time I saw it was in the dead quiet cold of a winter night.  THose of you who get true winter nights will know what i mean by dead quiet.  No cars out no nothing and you can hear a pin drop at night during the winter... summer nights are ALWAYS louder than WINTER nights period.  I was in my GF's sisters hot tub.  We were high ok no big deal but I saw it... and it was close in that it was high up past the horizon(low on the horizon usually means far away)... anyway it was high up and BAM and huge blink!  No colored strobing lights just a solid huge blink!  No sound.. no helicopters no planes.  I quickly shut off the hot tub because, likely, like many of YOU out there you can't even be outside around others without always looking up hoping to see something its like on obsession if you understand.  DSW would understand obviously.  Anyway its now quiet and BAM it blinks again.  10 seconds go by and BLINK again the third time!  I run inside to get my glasses and come back out damn im wet and super duper cold standing there because if i Jump back in the tub the steam could possibly fog my glasses can't risk it... staring to see it again with my good eyes and.... its gone.  I have seen it several other times.

IN FACT the last time I saw it was the night awhile back when we were supposed to get that killer meteor shower that never happend.  I was live on DSW ustream chat that night... I stayed up until 4:30 AM my time.  I saw the blink that night AND so did a guy from New Jersey USA who was also on that night.  We both mentioned it so we both saw something similar that night!

I can't explain it.  But as I said I feel it is NOT an aircraft based on what I can tell.

His capture of that in this Netherlands video is more important to me personally than the one he filmed longer.  Even though I did not mention the BLINK in his video does NOT mean I dismiss his video of what he captured and most certainly not mentioning it does NOT mean I did not watch the whole thing.

ALso, ISS can appear orange when first spotted in the western sky and as it travels east it can turn into white.  I have seen it with my own eyes so...

Oh and one last thing... I'm most certainly NOT "half arsed" when it comes to observing.  I have an 8" manual Dob scope in mint condition with varios eye pieces, barlow etc that I have to star hop to find objects I don't type stuff in and have a motor mount AND I own a good pair of Celestron 15x70 Cavalry binocs AND I know how to use Stellarium and Celelstia and I know exactly what I am doing with a computer I've owned home computers since the AMIGA days back when everyone else was thumb sucking in front of crappy PC's and apples.  My PC now is tight and ready to go as are my methods and my devotion to looking up.

Just because I question EVERY SINGLE piece of video footage claiming to be a UFO does NOT mean I'm half arsed... or a troll... or a debunker seeking to just debunk.  I know that a lot of videos are posted on the internet by people with lower intelligence and/or young people with no experience.  No one ever posts their age or IQ so I take it upon myself to look at each piece of video and objectively try and figure it out.

I am WAAAY past the point of watching videos and posting something like "COOOL", or "GREAT FIND" etc etc... I figure through it with a hot knife just like I did here.  If I am wrong and this is NOT the ISS then it will take evidence better than what I have provided here to convince me... your comment suggesting its not is worthless to me. Don't sing it, bring it... and I'm not your wife or your GF so dont post and try and treat me like your B*TCH.


Last edited by RedZone on Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Parashade



Posts : 4
Join date : 2014-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Ufo over the Netherlands ??   Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:11 am

RedZone wrote:


I'm just saying that based on the evidence provided(date ad location) and the "estimated" time based on an educated guess using the height of the moon in the video(next time if someone posts a video why not mention also the time the footage was taken like a pro should... if we are all going to be sooo accurate and up everyone elses butt about their methods etc)... I typed everything in and what I typed in I saw the ISS was making passes over his area... Usually around sunset you get two passes so.... there are the pictures to prove I'm not crazy for suggesting he filmed the ISS.  If he was from the USA on that day and time or japan or something I dunno but look man... coincidence?  I think not!

I think instead that it is YOU that are crazy... for suggesting that on June 13,2014 at 18:30 in the Netherlands that it was day time and there was no moon but hey...I don't know you or your methods of reasoning.  You clearly see mine and anyone just needs to ask and I'll show and tell with pics, videos, references etc why I say the things I say.


I still have to disagree.
The time was around 23:00 - 01:00 in the night that he shot this.
Also if we look at the ISS history you see the path is at the incorrect time and pretty far from NL being halfway Germany? According to Stellarium when i go to this date i see SUN and no Moon yet in sight. Also if i look at Sky Maps at this time you give it is also incorrect.

I think your stellarium is not up to date or you are using the 18:30 timestamp as it was 18:30 in the USA on that moment instead of 18:30 in the Netherlands?

RedZone wrote:
By the way, you claiming my behaviour/comments on other topics and posts on this forum are "out of line" or whatever is complete BS.  That comment you made is a low blow based on thin air buddy.

Sorry for that, i based it on someone elses observances which i rechecked later and seemed incorrect, thus i edited my post within 1 minute. So you read it and have been posting for like an hour or what? Razz I see 80% of your post is you defending your point on this forum on an assumption, why so jumpy?

RedZone wrote:

You think I didn't watch the whole video?  It's 5 minutes.  You know that many of us sit up half the night staring at DSW's moon broadcast just waiting for something extraordinary to happen... why the hell can't I sit through a 5 minute video?  LOL

His three objects ...

1) The main one in the video I think is the ISS... end of discussion you have my evidence
2) The second object... the one he himself called "A STAR" he didn't even care about he mentioned it one time then decided to film the ISS
3) THe BLINK at the end... oh the BLINK... I find it ironic to myself because hi capturing THAT blink in my mind is very very important.... At least to me anyways.

The reason that i assumed you were half arsed and didn't really watch the video is due to you not mentioning anything about the other anomaly's and was only focused on object 1.

1) The main one is according to your stats the ISS , but since the times don't match with when he was outside, that is also proven by seeing that the video is during night. The orange color could indeed be due to the sun though.

2) The second object. The correct translation was "The 2nd one might be a star but wait.. it's moving to fast upwards now" During the video he speaks about this object several times still while that one moves to the right. This was not added into the subtitles due to the main focus object since he did not have a 2nd camera to also keep track of the other object. Which is my fault in making the bad subs. Razz

3) The blink is an interesting thing due to the fact that in other ufo groups and community's there has been an uptick of these sudden "flashes" seen all over the world for perhaps past 5-6 months. But i see you have seen blinky's aswell recently.

RedZone wrote:

I have an 8" manual Dob scope in mint condition with varios eye pieces, barlow etc that I have to star hop to find objects I don't type stuff in and have a motor mount AND I own a good pair of Celestron 15x70 Cavalry binocs AND I know how to use Stellarium and Celelstia and I know exactly what I am doing with a computer I've owned home computers since the AMIGA days back when everyone else was thumb sucking in front of crappy PC's and apples.  My PC now is tight and ready to go as are my methods and my devotion to looking up.

That's good, so get your footage out there. We are doing our best with the limited amount of equipment, standing outside on different locations through out The Netherlands, attempting to form a "grid" of observers with equipment. If you would have investigated in our organisation you would have noticed that we try to present our footage in a question form and let others be the judge. However in this case there are several anomalies, including the object you refer to as the ISS, wich gave us the reason to present this footage to the public.

RedZone wrote:

Just because I question EVERY SINGLE piece of video footage claiming to be a UFO does NOT mean I'm half arsed... or a troll... or a debunker seeking to just debunk.

I am also very skeptical concerning footage and debunk alot myself, also things that our guys send in. But i've stated the reason why i approached you in such manners. Smile

We have some legit footage in our archive, but usually with bad quality. but i, as all others have to deal with trolls alot in this branche, so i prefer to take an offensive approach towards possible trolls on platforms to share data. It usually ends in a premature kill and solves the problem. Razz If you are simply a debunker like myself, thank you for your opinions on the video and i will consider your information and take it in process. This is also the reason why there is a question mark in the video title btw. To keep it open. Smile

Personally i've seen this object several times aswell and i'm very sure it's not the ISS due to the many times the times did not match as in it wouldn't pass within a day for example. Furthermore this guy is very dedicated, and only catches something so often since yeah, the sky is busy but they aren't always capturable sadly. But when he does get something out of the ordinary, it's usually an anomaly.

For some time now (maybe a year) it feels like there are some other objects in orbit that are not ours or are not reported as ours. Have you noticed any irregularity's in the day to day objects that pass?

Edit pic added btw: Razz
Back to top Go down
RedZone
Awake
Awake
avatar

Posts : 12
Join date : 2014-06-15
Location : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Ufo over the Netherlands ??   Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:01 am

Ok this back and forth between us has revealed that I am using timezones incorrectly!?  Embarassed 

ok then did I do this right this time then?

Here I get the current time in the Netherlands... You will notice my system clock bottom right is already changed based on what I did in the next picture....


I set my system clock to match that same time.  THis will allow Stellarium, and other programs, etc to sync to Netherlands time...


Now here i went to a site I just discovered... http://www.heavens-above.com/ (ps I really like this site never knew about it until trying to figure this stuff out).  At this site my observing location.  I pick more or less the Netherlands...


Once my time zone is set, and my location is set I clicked ISS and then got up a chart of June 2014 passes... I was sure to set only visible passes... I selected the one that appears to me to be between the time you said he filmed the event...


It brought up a star chart of the pass... In this pic I point to the moon because I think it shows that ISS was passing over the moon then going invisible... in the actual video footage it appears that the object in question also follows that path right over the moon...


I then clicked in the top right to see the path... I looks like the ISS on that night at that time(if my settings are correct) was passing basically over south ENGLAND, then on to go over top of Paris, then north Switzerland and then north Italy and SLovania...


To be accurate I would really need to know the exact filming location of the event but... either way if its anywhere near my location selected then that would mean the ISS pass was within approx 400 KM of the filming location.  Based on personal experience only in my area when ISS comes within 400 KM it can possibly be visible...its not ideal viewing but.... either way... in the video taken the iss is not certainly overhead it is along the southern horizon. THis would be consistent with what historical timezone corrected date would suggest.

Did I do it right this time?  THis timezone thing never occured to me about stellarium etc but what you say makes perfect sense now that I think about it so my original timestamp was wrong but at 00:00 basically Netherlands time ISS was in the area for sure.

I suppose this is why I still think it was ISS but it's ok to agree to disagree on this one. I mean by posting, as you said, the video is a ? so everyone is free to make up their own mind.

By the way I went to your guys website lots of videos too bad I can't read the language... any chance you can have it converted also to ENGLISH?
Back to top Go down
Parashade



Posts : 4
Join date : 2014-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Ufo over the Netherlands ??   Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:46 am

Quote (cant be arsed to click quote on your post lol)
"Based on personal experience only in my area when ISS comes within 400 KM it can possibly be visible...its not ideal viewing but.... either way... in the video taken the iss is not certainly overhead it is along the southern horizon. THis would be consistent with what historical timezone corrected date would suggest."

Seems legit.
Especially the "not ideal viewing" wich would make the object much lower in visibility while
we have a solid well observable object. Razz
The location of where he recorded was abouts midway upwards on the map of the Netherlands against the border of Germany, and indeed could make the ISS "visible", just doubting if it should have been that visible as seen in the video. If it was actually the ISS or a different object at the same approximate time is still not clear to me.

And I think the timestamp thing is solved now lol. It was around 00:00 - 01:00 so that's pretty accurate now, and not 18:30. Smile And indeed this is as said before the reason why we present our footage in question form. Input and opinions are more than welcome naturally.

Also the website is for The Netherlands, and there's something called google translator that is built in browsers nowadays that makes it possible for anyone to translate anything with the press of a button. But yeah, we only do english for video's. The descriptions on our FB page and Website are always in Dutch due to our goals and group of interest. Sorry. Smile

And you didn't answer my question. For some time now (maybe a year) it feels like there are some other objects in orbit that are not ours or are not reported as ours. Have you noticed any irregularity's in the day to day objects that pass?

And PS: You don't need to provide screenshots to prove your point if you would have just said "OOPS i did wrong it's like 00:00 - 01:00 and not 18:30" what would explain most already. Smile

Evidence in image format is only necesarry when you have to prove a point, such as your last picture which is excellent data and evidence of the range field of view of the ISS in relation to Netherlands at said timestamp.

And why are you making cellphone pictures of your screen?
They invented the print screen button for that! *mockery* Wink

Good day Smile

Back to top Go down
RedZone
Awake
Awake
avatar

Posts : 12
Join date : 2014-06-15
Location : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Ufo over the Netherlands ??   Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:15 am

I use my cellphone, i suppose, because i don't have to crop images... plus and I can point at the screen with my finger if I feel i need to... plus if I have to take images to my work computer my phone always goes with me anyway so I have the needed images... its just a habit i guess using it  Wink 

But I'm curious... What exactly are you referring to "objects in orbit not ours or reported"... do you mean satellites (meaning to me typically very small, sometimes faint to the eye, moving dots) that are generally only viewed better overhead as opposed to low on the horizon?  Viewable with my binoculars?

Or are you referring to larger brighter objects like the ISS that are clearly visible with even those with poor natural sight?

Or are you referring to both?

Do you mean solid dots or flashing ones?

I mean, in my experience I have not noticed anything in my area out of the ordinary (besides the flashing we already discussed) BUT i will admit that when I am out using my telescope I look at planets, star clusters, and the moon... if I see a satellite, or, what I think is one... I usually grab binocs OR for giggles I try and track it with my DOB 8"...

I do not as of yet have my laptop up and running outside with stellarium to track objects live when I view... so I am NOT identifying anything like satellites etc.  Nad n that case I can not confirm or deny anything I have witnessed as being "not ours" or "not reported" per say...

I've only had my scope and binocs for about 3-4 months though... before that I only gazed with my eyes not realizing that half decent equipment is fairly cheap.

Of course though weather is always a factor as is my GF who demands attention LOL...

I am not entirely as devoted as others here but if I didnt have my GF I likely would be.  PLus I play video games on my PC maybe too much who knows.

But the good thing about viewing outside is that because of weather when it is nice I generally go out even for a bit.

Is there are android app that just tracks know satellites by the way?

Back to top Go down
Parashade



Posts : 4
Join date : 2014-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Ufo over the Netherlands ??   Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:54 am

Many apps that track satellites yes.
The App ISS tracker shows iridiums aswell, pretty accurate app.

Concerning the objects in orbits:
I'm talking more of the what i call Flasher Orb and Pulse Orb, very high up, either
within our stratosphere or just out of it like satellites.

Flasher orb > flashes every 10-15 sec very very bright.
Pulse orb > Seems to pulsate at random intervals, sometimes constantly.

Been seeing these for a couple of years but i hear no one about it really.
And satellites don't pulsate or flash. They can however "flash" once during a rotation and super luck with the suns light, but never more than once asfar as i know.
Back to top Go down
RedZone
Awake
Awake
avatar

Posts : 12
Join date : 2014-06-15
Location : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Ufo over the Netherlands ??   Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:49 pm

I have only ever seen the "Flasher Orb"... I think in total I have seen it on maybe four different nights over the last 7 months or so.

I am thinking of spending about $400 on a hand held HD cam with a 60x optical zoom... and always keep it ready. Usually when I see the Flasher Orb it stays for at least 2 flashes. I will be ready.  affraid 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Ufo over the Netherlands ??   

Back to top Go down
 
Ufo over the Netherlands ??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Sky Watchers :: UFO :: UFO-
Jump to: